emoticonLocation: Mokpo city Korea

City of website: http://www.mokpo.go.kr/ http://eng.mokpo.go.kr/

Map of the City http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=mokpo+korea&ie=UTF8&ll=37.649034,126.408691&spn=8.67683,14.0625&z=6

If you need to visit a metropolitian city, it will take 50 minutes to get to Gwangju Metropolitan City.

Gwangju Metropolitan City website : http://www.gjcity.go.kr/

It takes about 3 hours and 20 minutes to get to Seoul by KTX (the bullet train which is cheap).

The academy is located in Mokpo city on the southwestern coast of Korea. Mokpo city is the perfect place for those who want to get away from crowded and polluted places. It has a population of approximately 400,000 people, is surrounded by islands, and is equipped with excellent natural views, festivals, products, foods, and affluent natural resources, giving off its local cultural tastes. An added benefit of working in Mokpo is a large, friendly foreign community that is enjoyed by many ESL teachers. Mokpo City is a coastal city complete with rich natural resources, a beach, local festivals, and much more. If you want a city with a smaller town atmosphere, Mokpo is the place for you. We have placed teachers to this school since 2001 and teachers that have taught for the school said they really liked the school.

emoticon 
Starting date: 2 position available

emoticon July 15, 2013

emoticon Working conditions: 120 hours a month

emoticonemoticon Salary: 2.3-2.4 million per month based on your qualifications

emoticonYou will always be paid on time

emoticonIf you work overtime hours, you will be paid 20,000 won for each additional class

emoticonElementary to middle school students

emoticonClasses are Monday - Friday (2 pm-9 pm or 4 pm- 11 pm)

emoticonSeverance pay: after completion of one year contract

emoticonAirfare: round- trip airfare (for one year contract)

emoticonHousing: nice single room with furnished near school

emoticonMedical Insurance: one half provided by employer other half by employee.

emoticonVacation and Holidays: 10 days paid vacation + Korean holidays

(Teacher’s letter from the school.)

----- Original Message ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: I Love ESL Ltd.

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:30 PM

Subject: RE: John from Toronto

Hi there, John! Yeah, I was meaning to email you to thank you for setting me up here. I've been doing well. The job is great and I am enjoying my time in Mok Po. Korea is great! Thanks again, and I hope everything is going well for you in Toronto. Take care!
~Ang

----- Original Message ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: jccakr@yahoo.com

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 12:49 AM

Subject: Reference email

Hi John and Maria, I want to thank the both of you for so much.

I am so pleased with my school, the city and my accommodations. I know that I will thoroughly enjoy my year here in Mokpo. Ms Lee is a pleasure to work for and she and her husband have gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable in my new environment.

Everyday here is a new adventure and I feel like I am on a permanent vacation. Thank you for all the time you put into helping me with my transition to here.

I will keep in touch because I can forsee that I will want to be teaching for longer than one year.

Kind regards,

Stephany

Hi John,
I'm sorry, Mr Guck told me that he had spoken to you. I am great...you did
a fabulous job. I am so happy with my placement. The school is wonderful,
Mokpo is wonderful, my appartment is huge and new, my roomate is great. I
have many foreign and Korean friends. I have travelled to Seoul, Jeonju,
Iksan, Tean, Gwangju, Muan and I am planning a trip to Beijing, and one to
Thailand. I really could not ask for any better. Actually I have three
friends in Canada that want to come to Korea, and possibly close to Mokpo or
in Mokpo, could I refer them to you?
You really have done a wonderful job and you are an extremely good
recruiter! I am so sorry that I did not drop you a line. I guess I didn't
think you cared after you had placed me but I was wrong. I am sorry.
Thank you so much for all your work, you really have helped me get a great
job. I will keep you posted on my progress in Korea!
I hope you are well, and I wish you only the best.
Thank you so much!

Laura Guay

This is Pamela in Mokpo City, South Korea.  Sorry it took me a while to return your email.  Last week was my first week teaching here and so I have been pretty busy.  I am fairly happy here. 

Mrs. Lee has taken good care of me.  I have gotten settled in well here so far.  I have my bank account, and cell phone set up.  And my first week here I meet a Christian Korean girl who was able to tell me of a Church that offers Korean lessons and has a service in English afterwards.  I have been attending both the lessons and the service afterwards and have been meeting a lot of nice people through these activities.

Well...I have to go back to lesson plans now.

Kind Regards,

Pamela Stanley