Public School Job Board
JINJU NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION (SCHOOL - BASED ENTERPRISE PROGRAM DEPARTMENT)
• Required teachers: prefer to hire teachers with teaching experiences or
with higher qualification (BA in English, BEd, BA with TESL , Major in TESL
etc.). Teachers already in Korea welcome to apply
• Starting date: ASAP or May 2013. The exact starting date is a little bit flexible, for example, the beginning, middle, or end of May.
• Working hours: 1pm to 8pm. Two short days (finish work around 6pm)
• Salary: 2.3M to 2.5M (depending on the qualification)
• Age group:
- Elementary school student (teach at Elementary schools)
- Teaching nurses or government officers (three to seven classes per week)
• Total working hours per month: 120 hours maximum but average of 90-100 hours per month.
• Housing: A nice single apartment (a 1 or 2 room studio (15-20 pyong / 50-65 square meters in size) located a 5 minute walk from the University and teaching location)
• Location: Jinju city, a nice and clean city near the cost
• City website: http://english.jinju.go.kr/main/
• Vacation: 10 working days.
• Another perk is the university is located a 10-15 minute walk (from 2 of the maim night life areas in jinJu, and is close to a large river park etc. Over all cost fo living is cheaper in Jinju (500,00 people) than larger cities, and the ex-pat community is growing and welcoming.
*Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*CUE is located in Jinju, which is a peaceful and beautiful city situated in southern Korea, not far from Busan. Unlike many national Universities in Korea, CUE is large enough to offer many excellent benefits and facilities to our instructors. It is also small enough that it possesses a friendly atmosphere and a unique campus culture.
Jinju (Chinju) city, Gyungsangnam-do, South Korea
Please forward resume, cover letter, recent photo, and a copy of passport
The university is a famous teachers college in Korea. By government regulation, every single teacher college is supposed to have a department serving the communities (provide special education to the community). You will be hired a depart called SCHOOL - BASED ENTERPRISE PROGRAM DEPARTMENT under the university.
The department has team of teachers who is going out to teach English.
For now, there are three teams.
1. First team go to elementary school(s) and teach afternoon classes
2. Second team go to Korea Water Resources Corporation http://english.kwater.or.kr/ to teach government employees
3. I think there is third team but do not remember exactly what they do (may be another elementary school or corporation)
They contract with Hospitals, or government department so there tend to be classes for nurses etc (hospital and medical English classes). Depending on your qualification you may only teach at the inside of he department.
What I believe it the position is better than other jobs. You arrive at the department at 1pm and go out to teach and back to your office by 6 or 6:30 and finish your work at 8 (as far I remember there are two short days that you finish your work early). Your teaching hour is shorter than other jobs and there will be a travel time that you can enjoy (watching and doing things out side). Korean teachers will always give you a ride. Since I work a lot at the office I prefer that type of job. But do understand different people has different preferences.
Other benefit for this position is the job is very secure. It is a
university department of a National University. There will be more job securities and you will be covered by all the insurance required by the Korean government (the four insurances)